We’ve just received word that Fujifilm has announced the successor to the X-E1 Compact System Camera, the new Fujifilm X-E2. Using the newest X-Trans II APS-C CMOS Sensor with the EXR Processor II, the new X-E2 delivers 16MP images that, like we are used to seeing with the Fujifilm X-Series cameras, provide great quality and detail, even in low light. In the X-E2, we see the introduction of Dual Hybrid Autofocus with phase detection, as well as a new Wireless Image Transfer function to send images to other portable devices for easy sharing.
To pre-order yours, visit one of the following pages:
- Fujifilm X-E2 Body Only (Silver)
- Fujifilm X-E2 Body Only (Black)
- Fujifilm X-E2 (Silver) with 18-55mm OIS Lens
- Fujifilm X-E2 (Black) with 18-55mm OIS Lens
Here’s Fujifilm’s rundown on the X-E2’s features:
- 16MP X-Trans II APS-C CMOS Sensor with EXR Processor II – Unique, highly randomized colour filter arrangement removes the need for an optical low-pass filter allowing it to maximize light it receives to capture finer image details better than most DSLRs. Noise is reduced by almost a full stop, even in low light.
- Dual Hybrid Autofocus with phase detection – Intelligent Hybrid Autofocus system switches between phase and contrast detec- tion to achieve the best balance between speed and focus precision.
- Wireless Image Transfer (Wi-Fi certified) – to your smartphone or tablet without an ID, password or other settings. Quickly share your high-quality photos on your blog or social network. The built-in Wi-Fi can also be used to save your photos to your PC.
- OLED Electronic Viewfinder 2,360k dots
- 3.0″ 1,040K-dot High Resolution LCD
- Built-in Super Intelligent flash automatically delivers the ideal amount of flash for every scene so the X-E2 captures faces clearly and brightly even in backlit or dark conditions.
- Full HD movie 1080p 30/60fps with built-in stereo microphone, manual focus, stereo mic input and film simulation mode
- Revolutionary Digital Split Image focusing – Using the phase detection pixels integrated in the X-Trans CMOS II sensor, Digital Split Image is displayed in the LCD or EVF so you can manually adjust for pinpoint focus.—Ideal when working with an open aper- ture or macro
- Focus Peak Highlight – When using manual focus, this function highlights high contrast areas of your subject for smoother, more accurate focus.
- Face Detection optimizes portraits by detecting faces and adjusting focus and exposure to ensure bright, clear results. Detects up to 10 people
- Lens Modulation Optimizer – Optimize each lens to the sensor in order to capture breathtaking quality in every image.
- Q Menu – button for quick access to popular image quality settings.
- Vintage compact body design with metal-milled dedicated dials for aperture, shutter and exposure compensation of up to +/- 3EV
- 14 Bit RAW+JPEG Shooting with quick switch between JPEG/RAW formats and in-camera post-processing of RAW files
- Eight Advanced filters (Pop Colour, Toy Camera, Miniature, Dynamic Tone, Partial colour, Soft Focus, High Key and Low Key) and Multi Exposure
- Auto Bracketing and Film Simulation modes (Velvia, Provia, Astia, PRO Neg. Std., PRO Neg. Hi, and 3 B/W filter effects)
- 4 Programmable buttons enable the user to customize their camera (Fn1, Fn2, AE and AF. )
- TTL Hot Shoe allows for external flashes like the EF-X20, EF-20 and EF-42
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery