Upgrade Your Audio:
Unleash your audio freedom with Rode Wireless
Wow, this is going to be a long one!! There is so much to unpack with these tiny but extremely powerful wireless microphones. Here we go!
In an era where audio quality is key for content creators, Rode has stepped up to the plate with the Rode Wireless GO 2 and Wireless GO Pro.
These wireless microphone systems offer a compact, user-friendly solution to capture high-quality audio.
In this blog, we’ll explore the benefits of each system individually, discuss their ideal users, and make a detailed comparison to help you decide which one best suits your needs.
The Rode Wireless GO II makes massive improvements over the original Rode Wireless Go microphone system.
The Wireless GO II comes in either single microphone, or dual microphone options, and enables so much versatility, we can’t even cover it all!
- Compact and Portable: The Rode Wireless GO 2 is incredibly small and lightweight. Its transmitter and receiver can be easily clipped onto clothing or hidden, making it perfect for vloggers, content creators, and filmmakers on the move.
- Dual-Channel Recording: This system supports two transmitters, allowing you to record two separate audio sources simultaneously. This is a game-changer for interviews, podcasts, and any scenario requiring multiple speakers.
You have the choice of combining the audio feed in stereo format or recording each microphone on an individual Left and right audio channel.
This allows you to record ambient background noise while recording someone speaking or the ability to record two people speaking on individual channels, allowing you to make individual audio level adjustments during editing.
- Built-In Microphone: The transmitters come with built-in microphones, providing a convenient “clip and go” solution. This is great for quick setups, reducing the need for external mics. Alternatively, you can add an external microphone.
- Versatile Usage: The Wireless GO II works seamlessly with cameras, smartphones, and computers, thanks to its versatile connectivity options. You can also monitor audio in real time using headphones.
- Plug in for more features: The receiver has the ability to use either TRS analog output or USB-C or the Rode SC15 iOS cable, unlocking even more capabilities with the Rode Connect App. The wireless capabilities allow you to record up to 200M (line of sight) and in dense RF environments.
- Onboard features: The Rode Wireless Go II has onboard memory allowing you to record up to 40 hours of audio. You can also program the built-in buttons to mark audio clips while recording, adjust the gain mode, and enable a safety channel which manages your peaks.
If you do not need a two-microphone system (capable to recording two subjects), you can opt for the single Rhode Wireless GO II System – and always add an additional microphone later!
- Vloggers: Compact and easy to use, it’s perfect for creating on-the-go content with great audio.
- Interviewers: The dual-channel recording is a boon for interviewers and podcasters, ensuring high-quality audio for both host and guest.
- Run-and-Gun Filmmakers: Filmmakers who need flexibility and mobility will appreciate the Wireless GO 2 for capturing crisp audio in any situation.
The Rode Wireless GO PRO takes the Wireless GO II to the next level. With the ability of recording studio quality audio, time-code capabilities, and an included accessory kit (smart charge case, lavalier mics, magentic clips & more) – anyone serious about recording the best quality audio should consider this wireless microphone system.
- Pro-Grade Performance: The Wireless GO Pro offers enhanced audio quality with a broadcast-grade lavalier microphone included. It’s designed for those who demand professional sound. The Wireless Pro has 32-bit float on-board recording and includes GainAssist, which helps manage your audio peaks.
- Extended Range: This system boasts an extended range of up to 150 meters (500 feet), making it ideal for shooting events, weddings, and outdoor productions.
- Safety Channel: The Wireless GO Pro features a 100% digital transmission with a secure backup channel to ensure interference-free operation in any environment.
- Customizable Settings: It allows for adjustable gain, high pass filter, and safety channel settings, giving you more control over your audio.
- Audio Sync made easy: With the Wireless Pro’s timecode capability, you can synchronize your audio and video with ease. No need for external systems or additional plugins.
- Get all of the accessories at no additional cost: Let’s face it, you want the accessories! The Rode Wireless Pro includes everything! The Wireless Pro comes with two professional Rode Lavalier II microphones, windshields, MagClip GO allowing you full autonomy, a smart charging case and an additional storage container to house everything.
- Wedding Videographers: For capturing vows and speeches with exceptional audio quality.
- Professional Filmmakers: Filmmakers working on larger productions and needing top-tier audio will find the Wireless GO Pro ideal.
- Event Videographers: Whether you’re filming a corporate event or a live concert, the extended range and high-quality audio make this system a must-have.
Comparison: Which One is Right for You?
- Use Case: If you’re creating casual content, vlogging, or recording interviews, the Wireless GO 2 is likely the right choice. It offers great versatility for on-the-go creators.
- Audio Quality: For those who prioritize top-tier audio quality and need broadcast-grade sound, the Wireless GO Pro is the better option.
- Range: If you need an extended range for larger productions, events, or outdoor shoots, the Wireless GO Pro is designed for this purpose.
- Customization: Filmmakers and professionals who need fine-tuned audio settings will appreciate the customization options on the Wireless GO Pro.
Both the Rode Wireless GO 2 and Wireless GO Pro offer impressive features, but your choice ultimately depends on your specific needs. Whether you’re a vlogger, a filmmaker, or an event videographer, Rode has a wireless microphone system that can take your audio to the next level.
Choose the one that aligns with your creative vision, and enjoy the freedom of high-quality, hassle-free audio capture.
Enhancing Your Rode Experience with Rode Central and Rode Connect
Rode Central and Rode Connect are essential additions to the Rode Wireless GO 2 and Wireless GO Pro, elevating your audio recording and broadcasting endeavors.
Rode Central functions as your control hub, making device management, firmware updates, and sound profile customization a breeze. It offers sound profiles tailored for various applications and provides access to helpful tutorials, ensuring that your Rode gear remains up-to-date and optimized for your specific needs.
Rode Central is available on desktop & mobile, allowing you to make adjustments whenever you need (for iOS the Rode SC15 iOS cable is required).
Rode Connect, on the other hand, simplifies multi-device integration, enabling you to connect multiple microphones to a single computer.
It streamlines audio mixing, making it easy to balance voices during recording or live broadcasts, and provides a straightforward solution for recording and streaming, enhancing the efficiency and quality of your content creation.
You can use Rode Connect with up to four physical guests & two Wireless GO or PRO systems. Both Rode Central and Rode Connect offer user-friendly features that empower creators, whether they’re working solo or in a team, to produce top-tier audio content effortlessly.
If you decide to go with the Rode Go Wireless Pro II, you can also purchase the Rode Charge Case for the Wireless Go II – which gives you a protective case that will recharge your microphone system on the go.